Subject: Re: ONTOPIC : Gamer Demo Reels
From: [email-masked]
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 1995 05:20:53 -0500

In a message dated 95-12-10 19:28:22 EST, you write:

>A convexified cell is a weird thing we have to do for our game (Jason, 
>myself and a few others).  It has to do with how the buildings are broken 
>up so the engine can figure out what you can see and what you can't.  If 
>you have a square room, it's one cell.  If you have and L-shaped room, 
>it's two cells, since the L shave is concave (it folds in on itself), and 
>for some reason I haven't asked about the cells MUST be convex (and the 
>L would be broken into two rectangles.
>
>For all I know, this is just something our system does and no one else 
>has to deal with (just us -- it would figure...)
>
>Now don't you wish you didn't asked? :)

      Actualy Joe, it has to do with polygon sorting, as well as cell
sorting. With a simple room, this breakup process is quite easy, it's when
you get into complex shapes (like underground laberinths, castles, etc..)
that you have real problems breaking things up. Arn't you glad I do the
buildings? hehe..